Solution Sales Specialist
|JOB TITLE||Solution Sales Specialist|
|COMPANY||Global Software Company|
This is a quota carrying position and is the primary selling role in the High-tech industry, Semiconductor industry, CPG, Foods Industry. The Solution Sales Specialist is responsible for effectively executing the sales process and managing new business development in the Territory. The role is responsible for maintaining, communicating and executing the sales plan for the Territory across the broader team.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Results and Growth
· Orders and Revenue goal attainment
· Continued capture of relevant data in the EDW environment(s) to enable the introduction of information-based business improvement programmes and projects.
2. Strategic Prospecting
· Continuously research the global Finance Industry (Mega Bank)market to be able to develop the value propositions for solutions.
· Utilise a structured approach and qualification tools for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business initiatives.
· Proactively prospect in the Territory using the phone and other activities to create appointments at each management level, including Managing Director/CEO level. Map out the key players for potential new business initiatives and determine/document appropriate sales strategy/ies.
· Develop understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the account in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within organisation.
· Develop a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places us as the best in the market to meet customer objectives.
3. Sales call execution
· Effectively advise and influence the customer especially within the development of business needs, decision criteria, and creation of an ROI framework, through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing/sales campaigns.
· Execute high quality one on one discussions utilising advanced questioning and influencing skills with customer non-IT business leaders. The objective being to influence the corporate strategy regarding the use of Data Warehousing.
· Execute high quality one on one discussions utilising advanced questioning and influencing skills with IT / CIO level managers.
· Before any sales call, plan for key outcomes and next steps that the customer will commit to performing after the sales call (advances).
· Presenting high quality, professional presentations and proposal materials
4. Account planning
· Capture information in a constantly maintained Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
· Continuously engage the extended sales team in account planning and execution. Effectively utilise resources as required to best exploit available opportunities.
5. Reporting, Administration and Training
· Complete, lock-off and submit a monthly outlook as required based on the fiscal calendar.
· Update TEAM pipeline-management system tool weekly in order to maintain accurate opportunity forecast
· Complete all assigned Area Ready to Sell (ARS) and other assigned training within the timeframes allotted.
6. Account and Opportunity Management
· Maintain the Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
· Within (180 days) of account assignment of each Managed Account, develop and present for sign-off an Account Priorities and Objectives spreadsheet.
· Manage all opportunities in accordance with the Opportunity Management process, including the creation of Opportunity Plans, the scheduling of Early in the pipeline Opportunity reviews, the use of the Opportunity Analysis System, and the Bid Review Process.
· Work through sales process with key players in a timely manner to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure our company and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe.
· Continuously develop the account to ensure repeat business combined with a proactive focus on developing new business opportunities
- Account Planning and execution.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in professional consultative selling skills such as SPIN questioning
- Japanese Language: Business level
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork.
- Candour- The ability to have open and effective business conversations with customer senior leaders
- Confidence- The ability to influence others through candidate's demeanour and professionalism
- High level of personal integrity.
- Customer focused.
- Result oriented.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Self-motivated and competitively driven.
- High degree of energy and initiative.
- Resilient and focused.
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors' degree in a business/science related field (Marketing, Sales Management and Science).
· 10 years + Solutions Sales experience.
· Exposure to and understanding of customer and its key executives and management.
· Experience in selling complex technology solutions. E.g. ERP solutions and bundled hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
· Experience in developing and executing structured account plans for large, complex accounts and maintaining year-on-year growth.
· Demonstrated success in building, elevating and nurturing relationships within key prospects resulting in new customer business.
· Understanding of and success in a sales environment that requires creation of capital expenditure plans and budgets.
· Demonstrated success in value-linking and demand creation
· Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level in both business and technology, on a regular basis.
· Proven ability in solutions sales environment
· Understanding and current use of a consultative questioning model. For example SPIN selling
· Demonstrated success in proactively prospecting into existing accounts
· Industry knowledge : Finance Industry (regional bank)
· Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and CRM is preferred.
· High level strategic planning skills.
· Ability to lead complex proposals.
· Proven ability to deliver against demanding targets.